Our webpage is moving to the Incarnation Parish website. Please note to update your bookmarks to: https://incarnationparish.org/crozet-mission-church/
Mass is now offered in Crozet at The Field School every Sunday at 10 am.
Our celebrants include Fr. Joseph Mary Lukyamuzi, pastor of our sponsoring parish, Holy Comforter, as well as a number of visiting priests.
We received recognition from the late Bishop Francis X. DiLorenzo as a mission congregation, under the supervision of Holy Comforter and are working toward becoming a new parish. Please check this page and our Facebook page for updates.
We use Flocknote to send emails and texts to our parishioners. Please complete the information below to join the list!
Weekly collections help support the continued offering of Mass in Crozet. Checks should be made out to Holy Comforter Catholic Church, with Crozet Mission in the notes.
We have established our Building Fund. If you would like to donate, make your checks payable to Holy Comforter Catholic Church with Crozet Building Fund in the notes. On the second Sunday of each month, the second collection will be for the Building Fund. We also have the option for Online Giving.
Click on the Online Giving image in the right column and follow the steps to register. After you are registered, you can set up recurring donations to the Crozet Mission and Building Fund.
Mass Schedule: every Sunday 10:00 AM at the Field School
1408 Crozet Ave, Crozet VA 22932
- Help with set-up is always welcome. Please arrive at the Field School at 8:15 am.
- Please remember to bring canned goods/non-perishable food and toiletries to Mass. Items should be placed in the box near the entry.
- Stay after Mass for fellowship, and we can always use help putting chairs away!
Volunteers Needed for Mass:
More people are needed to help with setup, Mass duties and cleanup. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can join in the effort.
Additional volunteer opportunities:
- Eucharistic Ministers: Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion are needed for Mass.
- Music Ministry: Music Ministry welcomes musicians and singers to help with Mass. Also needed: set up crew and sound technician.
- Parish Life: Sunday coffee volunteers, picnic, special events, and more.
- Acolytes are needed to help serve at Mass. This is a wonderful experience for anyone… young, old or in-between. Anyone who has received his first communion is eligible to learn to serve.
- Office location: Blue Goose Building 1186 Crozet Avenue Crozet
- Office mailing address: PO Box 74, Crozet VA 22932
- Office phone number: 434-812-2936
- Office email: CrozetCatholicOffice@gmail.com
- Office (admin) hours: Monday & Tuesday 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM; Wednesday 9:00 Am-5:00 PM
- Administrative Assistant: Marianne Jackson
- For more information, go to the official Crozet Catholic Community Facebook page.
- To join our email list, fill out form (above) or visit Crozet Catholic Community Flocknote page.
Parish Registration and Christian Formation program
We are pleased to offer you Parish Registration and to have our own Christian Formation program.1. Crozet Catholic Community Registration Form for the mission/parish that needs to be filled out to become a member of the mission.
2. Christian Formation Registration for religious education classes K-12. Fees: $20 for one child, $30 for two, $40 for three or more. There is no additional sacramental fee for those receiving their sacraments of First Reconciliation and Communion or Confirmation. Should individual circumstances require it, speak with Father Joseph Mary and the fee may be waived.
Our Kindergarten – grade 8 program continues to be home-based. We are grateful to the volunteers who have worked to make it possible for the grade level groups to meet together on a regular basis. We welcome more volunteers who are or are willing to be VIRTUS trained. With the volunteers and a time and place to meet, it would enable more students to meet in a grade level group. The Diocese requires two unrelated VIRTUS-trained adults for any group meeting.
Students in Kindergarten through grade 8 will be using Loyola Press FINDING GOD series. The grade 6 text focus is on the Old Testament, grade 7 focus is on Jesus, and grade 8 on Church.
Our high school students will be meeting monthly after Mass and Confirmation candidates will meet an additional two Sundays a month after Mass. We are very happy to have volunteers committed to lead both our Confirmation candidates and all our high school students.Every family registering for Christian Formation for the first time MUST also fill out a Crozet Catholic Community mission/parish registration form.For further information contact: email@example.comAll forms can be brought to our Crozet Mass and put into the collection basket or turned in at the information table. Please complete the registration form and include it with your fee in an envelope labeled CHRISTIAN FORMATION. Checks should be made out to Holy Comforter with Crozet Mission CF on the subject line.
Photo Gallery (click for larger images)
Our History: January 2017
Crozet Mass Group — granted Mission Church Status and Holy Comforter will be the sponsoring sister parish.
Parking and Directions:
Parking for this Mass is available at The Field School, and overflow can also park across the street at Crozet Elementary School.
Field School Address: 1408 Crozet Ave, Crozet, VA 22932
- Directions & Map:
Crozet Catholic Community: Committees and Chairpersons
Parish Council Chairperson: Mike Marshall
Worship: Julie Bowns
Finance: Frank Cerrone
Stewardship: Nicole Amato
Music: John and Anna Fontaine
Social Ministry: Ellie Kroeger
Parish Life: Lori Mohr Pedersen
Christian Formation: Regina Grammatico & Denise Wilcox
RCIA: Dennis Hogberg
Communications: Betty Groth
If you have a suggestion on how to improve the Mass at the Field School or strengthen the Catholic community of western Albemarle, please send your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org.