Justice & Peace
Ms. Ann Friedlander, Outreach Coordinator
phone: (434) 293-8989 email: email@example.com
Vision: We envision this committee to be a formation of people for outreach ministries, offering a consciousness of hope, inspiration, and challenge in a needy world.
Mission: Promote a consistent ethic of life and the work of justice and peace by educating others in the formation and performance of outreach ministries, by actively engaging in transforming our community from a faith perspective, and by collaborating with other organizations endorsing a similar vision under the guidance of the Richmond Diocese.
· Haiti Twinning Project organizes communication with and supports our relationship with our twin parish, St. Michael’s, Saltadère, Haiti.
· Christmas Project organizes Christmas baskets of food and gifts for needy families in Holy Comforter parish and the local community.
· Legislative Advocacy (P.L.A.N.) coordinates efforts in communicating with State and Federal officials regarding peace and justice issues according to and with the recommendations of the diocesan Justice and Peace Office.
· Pro-Life Actions coordinates and promotes pro-life events in the parish and the community in accordance with the U.S. Catholic Bishops’ and diocesan recommendations to support life in all its stages.
· Social Outreach administer the food pantry; staff the Outreach office Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
· Medical and Legal Clinics provide limited basic medical and legal assistance to those in need both during the Soup Kitchen and Outreach office hours.
· Soup Kitchen secure donated food from various sources; set-up and clean-up parish dining area; prepare meals for the Thursday Soup Kitchen